The United Nations Association of the United States of America (UNA-USA) informs, inspires and mobilizes Americans to support the principles and vital work of the United Nations. UNA-USA’s grassroots membership includes over 200 chapters and more than 20,000 members nationwide who engage in public education and advocacy, promoting strong US-UN relations. UNA-USA is a program of the United Nations Foundation. UNA-USA and its sister organization the Better World Campaign represent the single largest network of advocates and supporters of the United Nations in the world.
The Associate, UNA-USA is responsible for administrative and logistical support of UNA-USA’s major initiatives. Critical elements of this position include managing the membership database and customer inquiries, reporting, coordinating mailings with printer, managing registration for UNA national programs and providing administrative support for UNA-USA team, chapter leaders, and National Council.
Membership & Customer Service
- Manage membership data in customer management system to ensure accurate, current information. Meet with CRM database team to identify and correct any database issues.
- Process and distribute all monthly membership reports and quarterly cash reports to UNA-USA chapter leaders.
- Coordinate new and renewal membership mailings with printer, includes list generation and inventory oversight.
- Send special acknowledgements to new Patron and Lifetime members, as well recognized members.
- Respond daily to general inquiries on membership and programs.
- Manages UNA Forum (UNA-USA online community platform), including membership verification and technical support.
- Work with UNFCU on new and current memberships and payments.
- Set-up and maintain registration for national UNA-USA events—both virtual and in-person—including Global Engagement Summit, Global Engagement Online Series, and Leadership Summit, and assist with the planning, promotion, and logistics of these events.
- Manage pre-, onsite, and post-registration logistics, including name tag production, attendee materials and reporting.
- Provide support for national sponsors or exhibitors at UNA-USA events, including payment processing.
- Manage speaker stipends/honorariums process for any and all UNA-USA events.
- Coordinate UNA-USA “swag” orders with designated vendors and manage UNA-USA store with vendor(s).
National Leadership Support
- Schedule monthly calls, send out meeting reminders, and provide attendance records for National Leadership, National Council and National Council Committees as appropriate.
- Provide logistical support for leadership meetings (i.e. agendas, presentation support, catering, name plates, etc.).
- Set-up and maintain application process and registrations for UNA-USA delegates participating in non-UNA-USA events, such as CSW, WFUNA, and Social Good Summit.
- Manage stipends and LOIs for national leadership.
- Disseminate UNF and BWC reports/communications to national leadership as needed.
- Make and coordinate travel arrangements (transportation, lodging, travel advances, schedules) and process expense reimbursements for senior staff as needed.
- Manage inventory of UNA-USA swag and supplies for staff.
- Oversee process of packing and mailing UNA-USA swag to members and chapters.
- Manage PRFs to speakers and partners as assigned/needed.
- Coordinate regular follow-up with chapter leaders on outstanding operational items.
- Perform related duties and/or tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Interest in international issues.
- One-three years professional experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products.
- Database management experience – Salesforce preferred.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exhibit appropriate professional conduct with different audiences and stakeholders.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage one’s time effectively.
- Flexible and willing to respond to changing priorities and assignments as necessary.
- Some travel will be required.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.